The breadth and depth of CDCвЂ™s experience, the skill of our staff and
volunteers, and our overall commitment to providing quality services sets CDC
apart from the others. Our record of success is demonstrated by our ongoing and
repeat business with USAID and other agencies around the world. CDC offers real
world solutions and lasting improvements to business and government policies,
practices and performance. The following areas highlight CDCвЂ™s experience in
providing requisite services.
Economic and Business Development
- Introduce market-based business practices, including the development of
business plans, marketing strategies, new products, distribution networks and
franchising operations to improve a companyвЂ™s abilities to respond to growing
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance in general management, finance and
accounting, sales and marketing, product development, operations and logistics
and information systems.
- Organize trainings in financial management, contract management,
international accounting practices, project management, international standards
and certifications and human resource development.
- Improve the quality of operations and products of local suppliers and
- Train local companies on how to participate in the contracting process.
- Provide skills training to entrepreneurs who are starting small businesses
in the services sector, such as dry cleaning, security and food services,
thereby improving the local infrastructure and expanding the employment base.
Business Climate Improvements
- Provide local government representatives and working groups with the
technical knowledge and coalition building techniques they need to improve the
legal and regulatory environment for the private sector.
- Assist in drafting investment laws that reflect the interests of local and
foreign business communities.
- Improve the budget processes of local governments.
- Design economic development projects with regional and municipal governments
including mayors and city managers as well as planning directors, chambers of
commerce, city administrators, and city comptrollers.
- Facilitate greater synergies among the private sector and local governments
that increase regional competitiveness, and result in more substantive economic
- Keep local officials and businesses informed of new sources of financing and
business support programs being introduced in a region.
- Introduce potential investors to local government officials.
- Provide direct assistance to improve the productivity of client companies,
introduce new business tools, recommend upgrades in machinery and equipment, and
show how such changes can enhance competitiveness.
- Build the capacity of local consulting firms to improve their consulting
- Help business associations become more effective advocates.
- Generate and build high performance private sectors and competitive
enterprises of various sizes capable of long-term in the global marketplace
Finance and Business Linkages
- Assist companies in evaluating their needs and improving their abilities to
- Identify appropriate sources of financing and help companies prepare
documentation needed to approach finance institutions.
- Facilitate initial contacts and help with presentations.
- Prepare local companies for partnerships with U.S. contractors.
- Develop new markets and trade and investment opportunities for client
companies in emerging economies.
CDC also has demonstrated experience in designing and implementing training
activities across a broad spectrum of structures and participants to achieve
diverse objectives. CDC has used its volunteer network to organize study tours
that introduce foreign participants to U.S. companies, provide introductions and
guidance at trade shows, and host visiting foreign officials. The CDC volunteer
network is flexible and can be used to recruit general business volunteers as
well as specific industrial or institutional expertise. To complement our core
technical assistance activities, CDC provides clients with information,
referrals and networks they need to establish local, regional and international