Submit a Story
Attention Volunteer Advisors: We need your help in chronicling your achievements in the section of our Web site. If you are a Volunteer Advisor who recently returned from an assignment you would consider a success, we would like to hear from you. After all, you have a vantage point unlike any other.
Contributing to Success Stories is easy. Simply send us a bulleted list or outline that covers these basics:
- The facts. Specifically, your travel dates, scope of work and the names of the company or companies you worked with.
- Results. Your recommendations and suggestions. Evidence of a successful mission - in terms of revenue growth, market share, new partnerships, legislation, certification, etc. Quotable comments from in-country partners will also add interest to your story.
- Your insights. Observations as to how the socio-political, economic and cultural climate in country shaped your assignment and influenced your work.
- Your credentials. Highlight what skills helped you most during your assignment. If youвЂ™ve updated your CV, send a copy of the latest version.
- The inside scoop. Little-known facts or funny anecdotes about the country you visited - particularly any charms, quirks or social conventions that shaped your learning experience or influenced your business recommendations.
CDC also welcomes any anecdotal stories you might have from your time overseas.
- What made this experience different from other travel experiences youвЂ™ve had?
- Was there something you came away with that you werenвЂ™t expecting?
Submit you story by email to email@example.com
or send it by mail to:
Citizens Development Corps
1726 M St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
Disclaimers: Involve your clients and be sure to clarify any information they would prefer not to disclose for competitive reasons.
Materials submitted to Citizens Development Corps become property of CDC.