Advancing Economic Recovery in Asia: Thailand
Funded by USAID, the Kenan Institute manages the Business Advisory Center
(BAC) under the auspices of the Accelerating Economic Recovery in Asia Program
(AERA). As a team member, CDC and its MBA Enterprise Corps provide experienced
American technical and business consultants to aid SMEs in Thailand by providing
customized training and technical consulting in international marketing,
manufacturing process improvements and restructuring.
AERA was originally a three-year regional initiative which has been extended
to five years due to its extraordinary success. The program is designed to
support the Thai governmentвЂ™s effort to support the overall strength of the
economy by providing training and technical assistance to restore confidence.
The program aims to hasten the economic recovery and instill better practices
that will support sustainable development.
CDCвЂ™s AERA activities include:
- Training and technical assistance for SMEs through the Business Advisory
- Management training for banks in debt workouts and credit management.
- Strengthening the organizations that support better corporate governance
- Supporting Thai organizations working to implement the new constitution.
- Improving selected public health programs for vulnerable